Doing a bit of a catch up on the A-Z. I just wanted to share this Taylor Mali youtube clip with you.
Taylor Mali is a well known slam poet who also worked for years as a teacher. In this slam poem 'What teachers make' he makes a passionate defence for the work done by teachers. If may seems like a slim connection to the letter 'i', but I'm sure you'll also find this poem illuminating and inspirational.
11 comments:
Teachers rock and I have a ton of respect for them. Great post and clip!
That was WAY fun!
I used to teach middle school and high school.
Not easy, but fun!
Love it! As a former teacher, I agree with Jolene. It's one of the hardest jobs out there, but it can be so much fun.
Love this Aine. We don't give our teachers enough recognition for the work they do.
wow, really powerful interpreter! Loved it!
I always have respect for teachers - I couldn't do it!
Ellie Garratt
So true. So true.
Great post - loved the video!
I respect them and the work they do so much I decided to become one! It's a long road ahead, but I know it's worth it.
www.TheRegalRenegade.com
Loved this, likin' your blog - a new follower here, wow!
That is really inspirational. I'm going to have to pass this clip onto my Aunt, who is a third grade teacher. In high school, I helped her out as an assistant, and let me tell you - I don't know how they do it. This should be their anthem!
Ava
great bhakti site ganga bhakti
bhakti gana
Post a Comment